Friday, October 14, 2005

Fun Friday

Before I was married, it seems like the weekend started on Thursday... and the question of the night wasn't "Should we go out tonight?" It was "Where should we go tonight"... Any number of random bars would come up... we usually would end up at one of our favorite dives, Cadiallac Jacks... In college, there was only one place to go...and we had our fake IDs ready every day of the week... Sometimes I miss the carefree life that I lived back then...but wouldnt trade it in for the world... Now every day is just like the last, the weekends don't have the same appeal. We have started a new tradition called Fun Fridays... My husband and I coined this term when we started to feel the slowing down of our lives... In the beginning Fun Friday meant movies in bed, pizza or some other comfort food and turning off the phone... It was a night to veg out and decompress... Now Fun Friday is sort of a tongue in cheek way to describe our weekends... Gone are the movies, in are the babies and food comes in any form we feel like either making, ordering or re-heating... I am not complaining... as my life has evolved into a very safe comfortable place... I look forward to Fun Fridays as much as Fun Mondays... but sometimes miss those fun Thursdays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home